These Wagyu beef French dip sandwiches are tasty and something the whole family will love! Rolls are cut in half, buttered, and topped with Wagyu pulled beef and Swiss cheese. These savory, perfect-for-dipping sandwiches are paired with Au Jus. Try this delicious recipe today! —Double8Cattle
- 1 pound Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Pulled Beef
- 2 Egg Knot Rolls/Buns
- 6 tablespoons Butter (softened)
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder (plus additional as needed)
- 4 SLICE Swiss Cheese
- 4 cups Beef Stock
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sherry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Tools – Large Microwave-Safe Bowl, Bread Knife, Grill or Oven, Stovetop or Outdoor Propane Burner, Cutting Board, Large Cast Iron Skillet, Ladle, Basting Brush, Small Bowl, Spatula
- FIRST STEP Take the Fullblood Wagyu pulled beef (this product is pre-cooked) out of the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator 24 hours before starting this recipe.
- PREPARING THE AU JUS Preheat the grill to 350°F. You can also preheat your oven at this time if you aren’t using a grill. While the grill is preheating, place a large skillet over high heat (on the stovetop or outdoor propane burner). Add the beef stock, dried thyme, kosher salt, sherry, and Worcestershire sauce to the skillet, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the burner off, and set the Au Jus aside.
- PREPARING THE WAGYU BEEF Take the Wagyu pulled beef out of the packaging, and place it in a large, microwave-safe mixing bowl. Microwave the Wagyu beef for about 30 seconds – this makes the beef easier to work with. Then, break up the Wagyu pulled beef, and add a ladle-full of Au Jus to the beef. Set it aside until ready to use.
- PREPARING THE SANDWICHES Cut the two egg knot rolls/buns in half. Brush the insides with melted butter, and sprinkle the insides with garlic powder. Set the top buns aside. On each of the two bottom buns, add a slice of Swiss cheese, a scoop of pulled beef, and one more slice of cheese. NOTE: Do not add the top buns yet. Place the open-facing sandwiches (with no top bun) on the preheated grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Once the cheese has melted, turn off the grill, and place the sandwiches on a plate using a spatula Lastly, add the top buns to the two sandwiches.
- FINAL STEPS Ladle the Au Jus into a small bowl, and serve it with the Wagyu beef French dip sandwiches. Enjoy!