A hearty soup that will warm you up with its mellow, rich, and sharp flavors. A perfect combination of mouth-watering beef and the brightness of fresh bell peppers.
Recipe yields 8 servings.
- 1 ½ pounds Tebben Wagyu ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 bell peppers, red and green stemmed and chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped canned tomatoes
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen corn
Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook and stir Tebben Wagyu beef, onion, salt, and pepper in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Add bell peppers; cook and stir until peppers are softened, about 5 minutes.
Mix chicken stock, salsa, tomato sauce, canned tomatoes, and black beans into ground beef mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes. Add rice and corn and simmer for 30 minutes more. Season soup with salt and pepper.